Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Love Me Like This

 

You've heard me say,
"I'm going away-"

Please don't bereave
Your loss when I leave;
Open your heart
To what love imparts,
Freest treasure
In selfless measure.



I've been to you 
Life, the Way, and Truth-

Though I go home,
I won't leave you alone;
It's not pretend, 
I've promised to send-
Comfort and peace,
The Spirit in Me.



I know you yearn
For My soon return-

Be still and lend
Your heart while I spend
These precious last days
At My father's place.
I'll come; I will,
But for now, be still.



Love Me today,
I've shown you the way-

Come to the cross 
And there, count the cost.
Count what I see,
What's set before Me,
Count My joy! It's worth
More than gems on earth.

"If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I say, 'I am going to the Father.'"
-John 14:28



written by: Carolyn-Elizabeth Roehrig  

No comments:

Post a Comment